My Sport GT died today

Check here for details about the URB-E and how-to information.
Vdoalvin

Re: My Sport GT died today

Postby Vdoalvin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:44 pm

It's been 2 weeks since I've gotten my Sport GT back from my 2nd repair and happy to report that they may have found the cause of my problems.
Looks like the space within the frame that holds the battery is ever so slightly taller than other units.
I received another replacement Eddy and as you can see by the photos that the bottom plate was removed and a spacer was installed. It is VERY snug now. There is still some side to side play but none going up and down.
IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

The photo of the bottom of the battery compartment shows some residue. Not sure what it is. Possibly epoxy, it is tacky to the touch. It doesn't look like it's oozing from the Eddy or coming from behind the controler cover.
IMG_1222.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Talon

Postby Talon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:39 pm

That is good news Vdoalvin. I was just wondering about you the other day about your issues. Hopefully your problems are behind you now. Thanks for your follow up. Go out and enjoy your ride :D
NoS
Site Admin

Postby NoS » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Great news!
Looks like they ran into some tolerance issues during manufacturing, but nice to see that they solved the problem.
Testing to follow I'm sure...
Happy riding!
Let's see some video of you going off some sweet jumps!
:lol:
Talon

Postby Talon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Both the Sport and the Sport GT are a brand new design. Sometimes it takes awhile to perfect a new design. I am glad to hear that you are happy so far :D
Bungee

Postby Bungee » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:01 am

Vdoalvin, that's great news and I'm glad to hear they've identified the root cause. The space at the bottom plate of the Eddy looks like the regular rubber lining used to cushion shocks to me. Maybe they swapped out your frame?
Here's how my Eddy batteries look like. Enjoy your Sport!

Steph88

Postby Steph88 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:32 pm

I don't see any space on mine, maybe they fix that issue? Or should i add the soft velcro still?

NoS wrote:That's what it looks like to me...
Definitely an interesting issue.
Perhaps another thing I'd try is putting some Velcro (soft side) or similar on either side of the battery housing to tighten it up inside the chassis. Maybe it wouldn't move side to side as much?
That's advice from a guy with little to no sport experience.
:lol:
NoS
Site Admin

Postby NoS » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:44 am

No i wouldn't add anything.
It sounds like they have been fine tuning their build to correct early issues.

Return to “Tech Articles”